Mana Cost: (7 to 11)
Cast Time: 1.00 secRequires Level 12Drop Restrictions
Level: 12After a short preparation time, you attack repeatedly with a ranged weapon. These attacks have a small randomised spread. Only works with Bows and Wands.Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Projectile DamageDeals (50-61.4)% of Base Attack Damage
3 additional ProjectilesPlace into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.
Skill functions and interactions
- Additional Projectiles: Linking Lesser Multiple Projectiles or Greater Multiple Projectiles to Barrage will increase the total number of projectiles fired. For example, when using Lesser Multiple Projectiles, a total of 6 projectiles will be fired (1 base, +3 from Barrage gem, +2 from Lesser Multiple Projectiles Gem). Wearing a helm enchanted with Additional Barrage Projectiles will further increase this total. All projectiles fired can strike the same target, potentially dealing damage up to 12 times to a single target when using all three effects.
- Volley Fire: This jewel will fire an additional four projectiles per attack, with the added projectiles spread to the sides. These additional projectiles cannot strike the same target as the main projectiles and will in fact pass through them harmlessly (though subsequent projectiles generated via effects such as Chain could bounce to the primary target). Multiple Volley Fire jewels will add four more projectiles each, spreading out in a wider fan.
- Example: A user wearing a helmet with +2 Additional Barrage Projectiles and with two copies of Volley Fire slotted will fire a total of 14 projectiles per attack. A maximum of 6 can strike the primay target; all other targets may be struck by a maximum of 1 projectile.
- Dual wielding: The total number of projectiles fired by Barrage does not change while wielding two weapons. Projectiles are fired using one weapon at a time, alternating between one weapon and the other.
- The small randomized spread covers a small angle of approximately 20 degrees.
Gem level progression
This skill is not given as quest reward.
Vendor rewardThis skill can be bought at the listed npc vendors after completing the following quests:
|The Siren's Cadence|
Orb of TransmutationOrb of TransmutationStack Size: 40Drop Restrictions
Level: 1Upgrades a normal item to a magic itemRight click this item then left click a normal item to apply it.
Shift click to unstack.
The following threshold jewels augment the skill gem:
- Volley FireVolley Fire
Viridian JewelRadius: Medium (1200)(6-10)% increased Projectile Damage
With at least 50 Dexterity Allocated in radius, Barrage fires an additional 2 projectiles simultaneously on the first and final attacksLioneye's men stood at the walls,
eyeing the savages that walked the beach below.
With a single word,
a thousand bodies, and ten thousand arrows,
would litter the sands.Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
Related helmet enchantments
The following helmet enchantments affect Barrage:
|EnchantmentBarrageAttackSpeed1||66||10% increased Barrage Attack Speed|
|EnchantmentBarrageAttackSpeed2||75||15% increased Barrage Attack Speed|
|EnchantmentBarrageDamage1||66||25% increased Barrage Damage|
|EnchantmentBarrageDamage2||75||40% increased Barrage Damage|
|EnchantmentBarrageNumOfAdditionalProjectiles1||66||1 additional Barrage Projectile|
|EnchantmentBarrageNumOfAdditionalProjectiles2_||75||2 additional Barrage Projectiles|