Auras are permanent effects that benefit your character and extend their benefits to nearby party members and minions. Auras reserve a portion of your Mana pool. All Auras, with the exception of Clarity, reserve a percentage of your Maximum Mana pool.
All allies within range of a player's aura skill will receive the Aura's buff. Passive and item mod bonuses can apply to the stats granted by auras, but these bonuses are determined by the passives and items of the receiver, not the player who is the source of the aura. For example, player A has passives for extra energy shield and is generating aaura. Player A will gain a bonus on the energy shield granted by the aura. But party member Player B who is standing inside the aura radius of Player A will only receive the base amount of energy shield granted by the aura unless Player B also has energy shield boosting passives.
There are currently 13 Aura skills that grant a permanent effect:
And there are four vaal auras that grant a temporary effect:
Support Gem Combinations
Auras themselves do not do damage. They provide a buff which can add extra damage, extra defenses or utility. As with curses, added damage supports can't be linked with auras successfully. These support gems will affect auras:
- This will cause linked Auras to reserve health instead of mana.
- Increases the radius of the Aura.
- Reduces the mana or health reserved to maintain the Aura. This works for both flat amount reservation and percent based reservation.
- Casts a totem which will maintain an Aura. The cost to cast the totem is the mana that would be reserved multiplied by the Mana Cost Multiplier of the Totem support and any other linked support gems.
minions) but prevents them from affecting you.- Increases the effect of your auras on allies (including
There are passive skills that grant aura bonuses.
Area of effect radius for auras
These passive skills grant increased area of effect radius for auras.
|Aura Area of Effect|| |
Effectiveness of auras
These passive skills grant increased effect magnitude for auras.
|Aura Effect|| |
|Champion of the Cause|| |
Theoretical Maximum Reduction
The largest reduction in Mana Reservation you can achieve is 54%. This requires the unique Alpha's HowlAlpha's Howl
Sinner TricorneEvasion Rating: (578 to 642)
Requires Level 64, 138 Dex+2 to Level of Aura Gems in this item
(80 to 100)% increased Evasion Rating
+(20 to 30)% to Cold Resistance
25% chance to Avoid being Chilled
Cannot be Frozen
8% reduced Mana ReservedNature respects the strong
And paints the snow red
With the blood of the weak and acquiring the following passive nodes.
- The 6%, 4%, and 4% Reduced Mana Reservation passives Northwest of the Templar start.
- The 4% Reduced Mana Reservation passive just North and a little East of the Scion start.
- The 8% and 4% Reduced Mana Reservation passives East of the Scion start and North of the Ranger start.
- The 4% Reduced Mana Reservation passive North of the Shadow start.
- The 4% Reduced Mana Reservation passive Southwest of Marauder and Duelist starts.
- The 8% Reduced Mana Reservation passive from Alpha's Howl.
Subtracting the 46% reduction leaves 54% of the original Conserved value. This can be further reduced by using a level 20
The 54% multiplied by the 71% Mana multiplier leaves 38.34% of the original Conserved value.
Ex. Grace conserves 60% of your Total Mana. With the above it would now conserve only 23.004%. (60% x 38.34%)
Using the Unique Prism GuardianPrism Guardian
Archon Kite ShieldChance to Block: 24%
Energy Shield: 48Requires Level 68, 85 Str, 85 Int+12% to all Elemental Resistances+1 to Level of Aura Gems in this item
Gems in this item have Blood Magic
Gems in this item have 25% reduced Mana Reservation
+(20 to 30) to Dexterity
+25% to all Elemental ResistancesWhen blood is paid, the weak think twice. can further enhance the reduction but it will reserve out of your life instead.