Summons an icy shield that protects against physical and fire damage. It drains your mana while active and at a faster rate while you are moving. When you have no mana left, the skill turns off. While active, it leaves a trail of ground ice which lasts for a short duration.
Base Duration is x seconds
x Mana drained per second
Additional x Mana drained per second while moving
-x Physical Damage taken when hit
-x Fire Damage taken when hit
The damage reduction does not apply to damage over time effects like Burning.
Ground ice chills anything standing it. This does not stack with other chills.
A Blood Magic keystone removes all mana and makes this skill unusable.support gem can be linked to Arctic Armour but it will reserve 0 Life instead of 0 Mana. Arctic Armour still drains mana when activated. Similarly, the
Mana Cost Multipliers, such as 150% fromor reduction from , do not affect Mana Drained or Mana Drained while moving.
As of Version 0.10.8c Inner Force affects all parts of the buff. Previously Inner Force only effected the -x Physical Damage taken when hit, -x Fire Damage taken when hit and x Mana drained per second but not Additional x Mana drained per second while moving.
As of Version 0.11.2 Arctic armour reduces any physical or fire damage taken from reflect.
Gem level progression
This skill can be gained as a reward for finishing quests:
- The Caged Brute (Act 1 / Normal) by:
- Intruders in Black (Act 2 / Normal) by:
- The Caged Brute (Act 1 / Cruel) by:
- Lost in Love (Act 3 / Cruel) by:
Alternate skill effects
| Stormcloud Arctic Armour
||40|| Replaces the standard effect on an gem with a surging storm cloud that showers ice. |
- GGG_Neon (May 21, 2013). "Arctic armor not working as intended". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Mark_GGG (March 21, 2013). "Arctic Armor and Mana Regen: Something doesn't add up". Official Path of Exile Forums. Retrieved March 21, 2013.